A mood can be described as an emotion that lasts a long time. We can find ourselves in “good” moods or “bad”; the question is what we do once we recognise this.
There’s a lot of information out ther suggesting that to improve your mood you can take 10 large breaths or think about what you’re grateful for. In reality, when you’re in a dark place, dark thoughts are easier to find that good ones (just as it’s easier to recall good memories when in a good mood).
This is my 2 cents worth on what I think is quite good, and that I’ve used:
– Going for a walk & spending time outside
– Exercise (aka therapy for a lot of people)
– Nana nap (or make sure you get enough sleep)
– Listen to music eg favourite album (combined with the gym is awesome!)
– Watch something funny on YouTube for 5 min (silly animal videos)
– Get some sunshine
– Smile and stand taller; enforce good posture. This body / mind connection can often override mood
– Touch. My favourite pick-me-up as my love language is physical touch; can’t get enough.
Some people eat chocolate or reach for the wine (which I also like to do, just not in the middle of the day). Do you have any “mood hacks” that you do when you catch yourself feeling down or flat?
- LinkTree: The Team Realty