The Art of War #2 – Sun Szu
Therefore, in your deliberations, when seeking to determine the military conditions, let them be made on the basis of a comparison, in this wise:-
(1) Which of the two sovereigns is imbued with the Moral Law?
(2) Which of the two generals has most ability?
(3) With whom lie the advantages derived from Heaven and Earth?
(4) On which side is Discipline most rigorously enforced?
(5) Which army is stronger?
(6) On which side are officers and men more highly trained?
(7) In which army is there the greater constancy both in reward and punishment?
By means of these seven considerations I can forecast victory or defeat.
- LinkTree: The Team Realty